The future of accessible, affordable, and comprehensive health care through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicaid is in jeopardy. The Trump administration and Republican lawmakers have put our health care on the chopping block. Repeal of the ACA will…
- Jeopardize the lives, health and well-being of people living with and vulnerable to HIV.
- Take away access to more affordable, high quality and comprehensive life-extending care and treatment for hundreds of thousands of people living with HIV.
- Cause 22 million individuals, including those living with HIV and hepatitis C, to lose their health care coverage.
- Result in more HIV infections, HIV-related illnesses, greater health disparities and poorer health outcomes and economic consequences.
- Slash Medicaid, the single largest provider of care for people living with HIV in the U.S. – covering approximately 40% of people living with HIV – leaving hundreds of thousands of of our community members without comprehensive care.
Take action to protect health care access for people living with and vulnerable to HIV, and other chronic illnesses. Share your story of how health care has impacted your life.